Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: steps to god
Replies: 12 Views: 897

enryu 20.09.09 - 12:08pm
hey i was reading sumin intresting the other day, it say saying about simple steps to god. all it seems to ask is that u acept a few main points and from there u open the door and its like u only need to spend an hour or so talking to god each day to make your relationship stronger and if u admit all good and bad deeds that u on the way to being a true christian. the way the person was talking on this site is like its a 'personal path' and church and events like baptised is uneccesarry unless u feel weak and need extra uplifting. its like the true christian just needs god and no help from priests or others. what are your views here? *

enryu 20.09.09 - 12:16pm
he was saying about how u cant trust every man in the world due us not being perfect, like as if all religion is corrupt and has alot of bads going on within. this maybe why he says personal path and that church is uncessary. he sounds kinda wise yea so would u say thats a voice of a true christian speaking? *

mjully 20.09.09 - 01:02pm
I have sent u 2 preach the gospel 2 the rest of the world.Faith comes thru hearing.In babtism we bury our old self and we rise with Christ.Unless ur born again u will not see the Kingdom.Babtism is a must.Personal path is important but no human can live independent of himself.We are parts of Christ's Body.And all the parts are crucial 2 body function. *

tsi 20.09.09 - 07:49pm
Harold Camping, host of Family Radio's 'OPEN FORUM' program since 1961, has widely spoken against the importancy of the church esp. as regards salvation. In his book, 'THE END OF THE CHURCH AGE' p.225, he believes that God no longer saves through the church and that anyone who remains in the church has no possibility of eternal life *

tsi 20.09.09 - 09:04pm
I think its important that we stand up as christians and seriously examin some of these teachings. We Should not let any wind of doctrine distort our faith in God. Some of the preachers telling people to quit church are themselves products of the church, and could still be in the church had they been humble enough *

iilmadme 20.09.09 - 09:15pm
Enryu,if u have found this site inspiring or encouraging then maybe it has been valuable to u in ur individual journey.There r things that i heard years ago that held sum truths which im glad i heard,even if i realised they werent the complete picture.Even my mistakes r part of my realisations.I think it's important to realise that there r no conveniently packaged shortcuts,even tho it's true that it is always gona end up being a very personal relationship that u strive for with God.Anyone genuine will encourage u to pray n study as much as u can becuz they will want the best for u,care for ur well being n trust in the Holy Spirit's power to guide u.They wont insist u listen to them but encourage u to listen to God n help u find the way.Maybe that's the intention when ppl offer u a quick way in,but take care *

n1ck 21.09.09 - 11:14am
Enryu this is a good question, but difficult for me to answer without seeing the site. Could you post a link here? *

n1ck 21.09.09 - 11:17am
I agree with some of what has already been said here but would like to add that it is dangerous to pigeon hole Christianity. Is Christianity a personal walk / relationship with God? Absolutely! And for sure, there are some bad doctrines being taught in some churches today. But to tell people to stay out of church is not good advice. *

n1ck 21.09.09 - 11:25am
A very wise preacher from the 19th century, Mr Charles Spurgeon, gave this an*logy:

Take a fire. Each burning coal in the fire burns red hot as long as it is in the fire. But take a burning coal out the fire and put it on its own to one side, and it will cool down.

It is for good reason that in the New Testament Paul says Christians ought to have fellowship with each other, and be accountable to one another. How often have people been on fire for God, but cooled off and backslid after being away from church for a few weeks? *

n1ck 21.09.09 - 11:31am
For sure Christianity is a personal relationship with God, and not about following complex rules and dress codes. But fellowship and church attendance to listen to the Word of God being preached is a must in order to keep growing spiritually. Just be like the Bereans of Acts, and make sure you check everything that is preached is true according to the Bible, which is the only sure measure of truth we have! *

iilmadme 24.09.09 - 03:50am
Ppl r dangerous for me.If i get hurt my faith will suffer *

iilmadme 24.09.09 - 03:54am
It's a pity u didnt live closer,enryu,we cudve checked it out 2gether Lol *

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits