Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: Jehovas Witness
Replies: 130 Views: 4196
6-<< 2-< 1-> 7->>

jadin_17 18.09.09 - 05:26pm
i just want to say, salvation is free-BUT IT WAS NOT CHEAP!Gods Love gave us salvation,our 'good deeds' are only an expression of our love towards God-through obediance.disobediance is sin, and if it is blatant, it can cost us our salvation. *

jadin_17 18.09.09 - 05:29pm
Therefore, 'working' out our salvation is simply being obediant to Gods word. *

jadin_17 18.09.09 - 05:59pm
christian spirituality is NOT supposed to be anything 'Mystical', rather it is being as normal as possible-the Bibles' normal not the worlds-and maintaining a natural normal relationship of prayer and worship, with and towards God. *

papidad 19.09.09 - 10:08pm
AMEN TO THAT SIS *

tsi 23.09.09 - 09:17pm
PSALMS 15 *

papidad 24.09.09 - 04:47am
Psalm 15 is very true Tsi... but show me any 1person in d Bible tht livd in tht stndrd apart frm JC. Don we all need ... *

papidad 24.09.09 - 04:51am
N mercy to liv up to d set stndrd? Is it not only thro acknwledgin tht we cnt do it save for JC n tht we r sinners n ... *

papidad 24.09.09 - 04:55am
Inclind to sin tht we knw our own righteousness is like filthy rags n only in Christ we bcom slaves to righteousnes. *

papidad 24.09.09 - 04:58am
We r slaves to sin n Christ alone hs d power to break d power of sin in us. then we cn walk in victory over sin. *

papidad 24.09.09 - 05:01am
N in Hebrews we find Christ our high priest able to sympathise with our weakneses/ sin cz he went thro it n knws. *

papidad 24.09.09 - 05:04am
I lov to read Romans n Hebrews simultenously n lov d way it deals a blow on d issue of sin n livin in holiness. TRY IT *

razor_03 27.09.09 - 10:35am
may i join,.rofl,..according to my understanding, the only thing we have to have for our salvation is our faith. TRUE and ABSOLUTE faith to God will lead to obedience and so the rest will follow..take a look at the example of Abraham. It explains a lot. *

papidad 27.09.09 - 10:50am
Very true Razor: Rom10:8-10: But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Ro:10:11: For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. (KJV)

tsi 1.10.09 - 08:14am
If a person has faith but has no works, can faith save such a person? Faith without works is dead, so you dont Just need faith, you need to do good as well (James 2:14-26). Faith and works are inseparable. Read the Bible holistically and if its not enough, simply consider Jesus; His FAITH and WORKS *

papidad 1.10.09 - 08:50am
Tsi in the same scripture you have given... Works without faith are incomplete... I do not deny the place of works in our faith but you can't put the donkey before the cart... I still maintain bro that Salvation is a free gift... Jesus paid the price and that is all we need for salvation. We can't claim to be of light and do deeds of darkness... Our deeds do but us salvation Without our faith in Jesus all else is useless

papidad 1.10.09 - 08:52am
Go back to the basics of Christianity ma and notice that our works don't come into the picture. BASICS man BASICS *

tsi 1.10.09 - 06:12pm
May be thats where we needed to have started frm, 'basics of christianity', because if we understood that we wouldn't be going round preaching hatred for the JWs. We need each other, we have the same task to accomplish (Luke24:45-48) *

papidad 1.10.09 - 09:27pm
This is not a haterd for the JWs but and understandin and not compromising on their false gospel *

tsi 2.10.09 - 06:45pm
What makes you so sure that the JWs have a 'false gospel' and you have a right one? What christian denomination do you belong to? If its so right why dont we have all the other well meaning christians belong to it? (Read 1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 3) *

papidad 3.10.09 - 07:36am
Stop being obnoxious... What does KJV n NIV say of John 1:1 compared to NWT.d JW translation? I don tlk abt my denomintn *

papidad 3.10.09 - 07:42am
Every evangelical, pentecostal& charismatic church knw Jws r a cult... look@ my topic in d R&B forum on mrks of a cult *

tsi 4.10.09 - 07:16am
Am stil goin thru yo forum topic, but U can still state yo points again here, its not about been obnoxious, lets Just discus peacefully. JWs have their reasons for using NWT as opposed to other translations. I dont think we should use KJV or NIV as standard versions, Bible Scholars do well to consult the original Hebrew texts *

papidad 5.10.09 - 01:03am
I will not pretend 2 hv d knwledge of either greek or hebrew bt evn in translation understand d writers were jews n ... *

papidad 5.10.09 - 01:08am
Ths writers even as they were moved by d Spirit to do so, they unerdstood the culture of their ppl dspite d language usd *

papidad 5.10.09 - 01:13am
U @ Tsi still hvnt explaind Y d descrepancy on Jhn1:1... How many Gods r there... Is Jesus Christ God n does d.scriptr.. *

papidad 5.10.09 - 01:18am
Refer.to Jesus... He ws worshipd n yet in d disputes on d 8 IAM declarations shw wat it meant. Q is... is d Bbl wrong.. *

papidad 5.10.09 - 01:23am
In declarin in him thr ws no sin? If u say it is a mistranlation, y did d pharisees say he blasphemed? *

tsi 5.10.09 - 10:14pm
The pharisees didn't fully comprehend nor acknowledge the authority Jesus had (Mk.2:7-12). He was charged with blasphemy because He forgave sin, and not that He said He was God. There is only one God, and all things belong to Jesus (1Cor.15:24-28). By both redemptions and creation we belong to Jesus, He deserves our WORSHIP *

tsi 5.10.09 - 10:35pm
I think the best way to understand John 1:1f is to focus on the subject matter. Other than that, we learn from human experience that if your father is African, you're also most likely to be an African and certainly take his surname. The case for Jesus isn't different, His Father is God, so Jesus must be God also by descent *

papidad 6.10.09 - 06:57am
In Luke 7:49 d pharisees wondered how he.cld forgiv sin bcz God alone 4givs sin. Do u bliv in d tripatic nature of God? *

tsi 6.10.09 - 07:26pm
That Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God and the Father, Jehovah is God i.e. three persons in one God? Its a question that I try not to answer, because I don't fully understand the concept behind the trinity. Whats important is to appreciate Jesus. He has been given all authority, thus we do well to honour Him, He's indeed our Lord *

papidad 7.10.09 - 09:29am
Did he die on d cross n ressurect in flesh? U don need to undrstnd trinity to bliv...is d Holy Spirit a force or a persn *

tsi 10.10.09 - 05:01pm
The Holy Spirit is the spirit of the lord(ruach-adonai). It is the manifestation in human experience of the life-giving, energy-creating power of God. The word spirit(ruach) stands for power, strength, life, and all is of God and from God. Adonai means the Lord. Ruach-adonai is the special power by which God inspires the individual man *

tsi 10.10.09 - 05:47pm
I believe Jesus died and rose from the dead on the third day as written in scripture(Luke 23:44-46, 24:1f). I think after resurrection Jesus returned to His former state as before the virgin birth. He was no longer the earthly son of Mary and Joseph, He was the Son of God. Since God is spirit, Jesus must have been in spirit form (Jn.3:6) *

fursa 11.10.09 - 01:51pm
Hey man...n u say u r not a Jw? *

tsi 11.10.09 - 08:11pm
Thats right. Mine is actually a desire to understand scripture, not as my church preaches it but as the Bible teaches it. I appreciate the JWs for their role in spreading the gospel and giving hope to millions of people around the world. Whether Jesus was in spirit or flesh read 1Cor.15:35-50 its a Biblical teaching *

fursa 12.10.09 - 10:06am
You are talking about Ruach- Adonai... Which in turn is a new erm to me... According to John 14:22-26 the promised comforter - The Holy Spirit is refered to as a person. (Greek- Parakletos meaning the one wo comes along side) PLease explaing your Source of Ruach *

fursa 12.10.09 - 10:08am
The same
Greek word thus rendered is translated Advocate in 1 John 2:1
as applicable to Christ. It means properly one who is summoned
to the side of another to help him in a court of justice by
defending him, one who is summoned to plead a cause.
Advocate is the proper rendering of the word in every case
where it occurs.

fursa 13.10.09 - 05:38pm
Tsi... the great commision is foreach Christian... not tied to the distribution of tracts bt using d whole person in d.. *

fursa 13.10.09 - 05:42pm
Of d good news... it however doesnt earn us d ticketlinto eternal life. The spreadin of d good news is a good thing bt.. *

fursa 13.10.09 - 05:45pm
Is d spreadin of a wrong doctrine a good thing? *

tsi 15.10.09 - 06:57pm
No, and neither is false accusation, thats where we need not to be accusers of our brothers and sisters. Now allow me to comment on ruach and paraklets *

tsi 15.10.09 - 07:39pm
My study of the Holy Spirit led me to a book by Norman H. Snaith (1950, 143-158pp), tutor in Old Testament languages and literature at Wesley College, Headingley, Leads. So I would say thats part of my source of understanding of the Holy Spirit and the Hebrew ruach for spirit. The Greek equivalent is pneuma and Latin is spiritus. Ruach means 'spirit' or 'wind'. Nowonder Jesus explained the spirit interms of wind. Ruach is frequently used of the wind, the Bible mentions the wind as the agent of God. He brings the winds out of His treasures, Ps.135:7, also Jer.10:13; He makes them His messangers, Ps.104:4; He rides upon its wings, 2Sam.22:11 *

tsi 15.10.09 - 08:45pm
He has all power over it, for He created, Amos 4:13, and He regulates it, Job 28:25. He can gather it in His fists, Prov.30:4. The wind fulfils His commands, Ps.148:8. Jesus in John 3:5 -8 talks about the nature of the spirit and in understanding it interms of wind. Ruach or spirit is the medium through which God exerts His controlling power *

tsi 15.10.09 - 09:11pm
Parakletos or paraclete is simply to consider the Holy Spirit as comforter, intercessor, advocate; the enabling of the christian life. The Holy Spirit dwells in the individual belivers and enable them to live a righteous and faithful life (PARACLETE). The Spirit at Pentecost was the power of the risen Christ working through the apostles *

tsi 15.10.09 - 09:29pm
JESUS WAS NO LONGER WITH THEM, HE WAS IN THEM BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND IN HIS NAME THEY WERE ABLE TO DO THINGS THAT WERE OTHERWISE IMPOSSIBLE *

fursa 16.10.09 - 07:08am
Did u notice tht Jesus wen refferin to the Holy Spirit he sez HE not it meanin he is a person? Wht is yo take on tht *

tsi 16.10.09 - 01:54pm
I think it was 'figure of speech', otherwise we can as well think of the Holy Spirit been male. In any case, since the Holy Spirit is an agent of God or a mode of God and not really a distinct individual, I dont see anything wrong in using the pro noun 'HE'. Consider Ezekiel 2:1-4, who would you say was speaking, God or the Holy Spirit? I say God through the Holy Spirit *

samperu 29.12.09 - 07:59pm
I have a book showing hw paradise is coming to be and JW quate the bible are they not cult? *

fursa 31.12.09 - 06:42pm
Figurative speech or not... I recipmend papidad's MARKS OF A CULT in R&B... its balanced *

6-<< 2-< 1-> 7->>

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits