Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: after death
Replies: 17 Views: 1289

enryu 30.06.09 - 12:40pm
hey i really think this should be on anyones mind, what really happens when we die and leave the body? what is the 1st thing u see or hear? u see a few say we go to some waiting room and stay there til judgement day, but i cant seem to believe this due to older souls from back say 1600's who would be at that waiting room and still waiting now after all this time yea and they would be very bored i bet lol what do u think? *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 05:29pm
Good topic buddy. *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 05:40pm
A study of Revelation 6 reveals that when we die, our soul goes either straight to hell, or straight to Heaven. It also reveals that the souls in Heaven are:

1. self-aware. The first thing you will realise when you get to Heaven (or hell!) is that you are you.
2. Able to think and reason logically.
3. Aware of what happened to them on earth.
4. Aware of what is happening on earth
5. Aware of the passing of time on earth. They will know what year it is on earth.
6. Have surety in the fact that they know the Lord will avenge the blood of the martyrs and bring an end to the evil on earth. *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 05:46pm
The other thing we learn from Revelation is that when we die, our souls go straight to Heaven or hell, but the Judgement must still occur and the souls are still awaiting the end of the world and the return of Christ to the earth. They are also aware that they are not yet in their final resting place. *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 06:00pm
Revelation 20:12-15 says that on Judgement Day, death and hell will give up all their souls to stand before God and be judged, and after that hell and all its occupants will be cast into the Lake of Fire - which is the second death. This is their final resting place, where they will suffer an eternity of pain and suffering. *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 06:10pm
And then do you wanna know what awaits God's people? hyper.GIF

Revelation 21 then goes on to say that after Judgement Day, there will be a new Heaven and a New Earth (it says the first heaven and earth will pass away) and we will live in the Holy City called New Jerusalem, and we will be there for eternity, where there is no pain nor suffering, and no tears. hurray.GIF *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 06:11pm
You should read Revelation chapters 20-21 actually. Its an exciting read! *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 06:18pm
I have some other interesting stuff for you too. I have a book titled The First Five Minutes After Death. The author recorded quotes from famous atheists and unbelievers who died, and he quotes their last spoken words before dying, and its fascinating. Its like these people could suddenly see something in their last moments, and its scary what comes out of their mouths. I will find the book and post them here later. *

enryu 30.06.09 - 07:25pm
i remember truth saying about u either see an angel who asks what your religion is, who your god is, then aparently u get told that u go2 hell or heaven then have to wait at graveyard til judgement day, truth say if u going to heaven u do get rewards while still in the grave. truth is a muslim but when he said that i kept thinking that sounds made up. *

enryu 30.06.09 - 07:34pm
at times u hear of those who at hospital and when they get brought around they sometimes talk of a bright white light at end of a long tunnel. hey nick u think that white light is just a 2second preview of heaven before they get sent back to the body and wake up yea. *

n1ck 1.07.09 - 04:47am
That story of truth786's sounds silly. By the way, dont you think God and His angels already know which God you worship?

This is what sets Christianity apart from religion. Religion is a belief in a god and obeying the laws attached to that god in order to be rewarded. There is no connection between the god and the worshipper. In that sense, I can understand why they would think things like an angel is going to have to ask you what religion you are.
Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is a relationship with God, our Father. *

n1ck 1.07.09 - 04:53am
Dude there are hundreds of reported cases of people dying and returning from the dead having seen Heaven. There are also cases where people have been visited by an angel or by Jesus and taken to Heaven and to hell, so that they can warn the rest of mankind that they are real. A Divine Revelation of Hell is one such book where the author writes about her experience. *

razor_03 4.07.09 - 02:18pm
when we die, we will be unconscious. we will rest in our graves till the Second Coming of Christ. No one goes directly to heaven or hell when he dies. Moreover dead did not know anything here on earth. And reading Revelation 20, those who are dead in Christ shall rise first- first resurrection..those who are wicked will rise after thousand years....read on to find out. *

wjd 4.07.09 - 02:28pm
i think i agree wit u razor! He will come again in glory to judge the living and the DEAD *

soldier2 4.07.09 - 07:58pm
dislike.GIF n1ck Im disappointed.I have one text for you. *

soldier2 4.07.09 - 08:08pm
Genesis.2:7[b/]-And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground,and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life ;and man became a [b]living soul. *

soldier2 4.07.09 - 08:13pm
Genesis.2:7 - And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground,and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life ;and man became a living soul. *

jadin_17 18.09.09 - 05:52pm
hey guys, i know this is an interesting topic, i just believe for most of us we should be focussing on things that apply to us while we are alive you know? we must drink the 'Milk' of the Bible before we eat the 'bread'.ie, the simple, before the complex. *

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits