Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: If Jesus
Replies: 8 Views: 603

paulster 30.04.09 - 12:00am
If Jesus came for the 2nd time would we know its him? Theres alot of look alikes out there Lol u would fall for it if some dude pretended to be Jesus. *

iilmadme 2.05.09 - 05:56pm
When Jesus returns,it wont be like the first time.It will be obvious,according to the scriptures...Wat i find puzzling is how ppl did not understand when he was among us.How cud they be in the presence of God but not see it? *

waittiki 2.05.09 - 06:55pm
It was because they did not understand the scripture. Do you remember the two guys that were walking with Christ in Luke 24 verse 13 to 35? They did not know that it was Christ with them until Christ Himself expanded for them the scripture. Only when they finally understood what Christ was saying, did the see Him. The whole Nation of Israel except those that believed, did not see Christ as the Messiah cause they did not understand scripture, thus they totally rejected Him. It is the same today. Those who do not understand the scripture and do not have the TRUTH of God's word, do not know Christ, neither do they have Him in their hearts. *

n1ck 5.05.09 - 05:15pm
Well I agree with what waitikki has said. I would just like to add though, that Jesus was on earth for one purpose only - to die as our sacrifice. To do this, to satisfy God's justice against man's sin, He had to die as a MAN. This is why Jesus took on the form of man in every way - including man's limitations. Hence His sayings, the Father is greater than I, etc. *

n1ck 5.05.09 - 05:17pm
I would like to add to that that God really requires of us that we have faith. Faith wouldn't really be required if Jesus had made it obvious and spelt out that He was God in the flesh, would it? *

n1ck 5.05.09 - 05:22pm
Consider the story of Abraham and Isaac. God commanded Abraham to sacrifice his only son. Abraham obeyed in faith, knowing that even though he didnt understand why God would require it or why things were the way they were. He had faith that God's wisdom was great and that ultimately God was in control and knew exactly what He was doing. Then as Abraham was about to bring the knife down on his son, God stopped him, and rewarded him greatly for his faith and obedience.

But that was not the end of that story. Just the intermission. About 700 years later, God the Father symbolically took the knife that was held above Isaac, and brought it down on His own Son Jesus Christ on the cross, and thereby Jesus Christ was slaughtered as a sacrifice for all mankind, so that, having done justice, God can forgive the sins of men and still be just. *

n1ck 5.05.09 - 08:04pm
But to answer your question Paulster, when Jesus returns for the 2nd time, He wont be returning as He came the first time - as a man. He will return as the Son of God in glory, absolute glory and power. And then truly, everybody that looks at him or is in his presence will know that He is Lord. The Bible says that the day is coming when every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. *

endtimes 22.10.09 - 06:03am
I agree with n1ck *

fursa 24.10.09 - 04:54am
Halleluyah! *

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits